Wednesday 25 January 2012

Day 2

What should one do if one does not like to do the work one is supposed to do?
I love medicine but I'm tired of these entrance exams.

Anyway, about today - guilty of a little transgression. :(
Gave in to the temptation of a mid-afternoon snooze. Ate a chocolate.

Listening to myself makes me feel ashamed. Am I too hard on myself? - Not particularly as I don't end up doing half the things I've planned. Am I depressed or something? - I don't think so, considering I enjoy other things in life - movies, shopping, etc. What is wrong with me then????

Aaargh! Laziness is a very hard thing to shake off once you've caught it, I guess. In the day, it seduces you to do things which are just a waste of time, promising that there's still plenty of time for all the serious stuff. Lies. Time goes too fast. You realise it when the day's over.

I know I could've just lied and pretended I had a great day, but seeing all the people who've given this page a view has sort of inspired me. I know its not a cake-walk to shake off one of the most dangerous ailments affecting humanity - laziness, but I want to keep trying. Just so that I can be honest with you. Thank you. You might just have saved a soul. :)

Tomorrow - a fresh start then! Giddyup! :)

P. S. I think I need a goal. Considering two of my exams are just around the corner and I'm not prepared enough, I'll set my eyes on the next goal - mid-year DNB and AIIMS exams. I don't really care about my post-graduation as I have plenty of options at this level, but I have to prove something to myself. Prove that I'm still in the race.
       
Okay then, all said and done - Goal - AIIMS exam May 6, 2012.
                              Short-term target - finish with all the previous exam papers of State PGCET.
                                                           (3 down, 7 to go)

                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment