Thursday 9 February 2012

Betrayal

Hi.

What's the worst kind of backstabbing a friend can do to you? The injury can hurt not only socially but also mentally. You feel sad that a person you once thought of as a friend, can do this to you out of nowhere, and for a reason you cannot fathom.

Today first thing in the morning, when my husband opened his facebook page, there was a message from my college friend, telling my husband about my past relationships supposedly because its good for the present one. (What the hell?)

Needless to say, I'm a wreck of emotions right now. I'm torn between whether to be angry or sad or revengeful, whether to reply to her or tell on her to my other friends or just let it be and give her a chance yet again. 

What makes me sad is that, what on earth could be the reason that prompted her to take such an action, what on earth did I do to her in the first place! Why such animosity towards me? For the record, I haven't even been in contact with her for more than a year now, after she actively started distancing herself from the group. She had found a new boyfriend then who fed her already suggestible mind and made her go against her own friends.    

This message could've ruined my marriage, had it not been for the maturity and understanding of my husband who knows enough of the world to not take such things seriously. (Partly because he was busy searching something important to him.) Anyway, this is the bad side of social networking, that's all I can say. I don't know what will happen next, but I'm not afraid anymore.

1 comment:

  1. It's horrible when friends betray your trust. If I were you I think I would drop her from your facebook. no telling what else she may write....or maybe talk to her? I don't have facebook and I am kind of glad about it. Have a great day!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete