Tuesday 7 February 2012

Inspiration

Hi.

I know I haven't written for the past couple of days, and the reasons are many, but that's not why I'm writing today. I just watched My Fair Lady. I've always admired Audrey Hepburn, not exactly knowing why, cos there always seemed to be something about her which was beyond what could be seen. Today, I know why.

I read about her in Wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audrey_Hepburn

What I read brought tears to my eyes. Not everyone is capable of greatness, not everyone is capable of going through what she went through in childhood and yet not be bitter, only sad. She had those wonderful eyes, which spoke so much, what they had in them cannot be described in words. It was a medley myriad emotions,  of innocence, naughtiness, childishness and  carefree abandon, yet at the same time there was stateliness, womanliness, poise and grace which seemed unaware of the admiration they received.

What she was and what she did, is truly inspiring. Some people keep their money to themselves, some people justify what they've achieved as a reward for all they went through, some people - kinder than others donate, and there are some others, quite rare, who give their lives to helping and taking care of others - ambassadors of the Smile.

There are such gems here and there, giving light to others, however small their radius may be. Such small gems can be found in every home - mothers. Since I started doing the household chores, I realised what a thankless job it is - and it has been just a couple of days, not even a week! Yet there are these mothers who devote their entire life to doing something that nobody notices and expects they are only doing their duty. Everyone gets paid for doing something, but these mothers don't even expect anything, yet they toil as hard as the daily wage laborer. On top of it all, it is expected of her to be on top of things, be smart, be knowledgeable of the happenings in the world around her, also pursue a career of her own. I know I'm rambling about, but the realisation has overwhelmed me - every house has a hero and nobody knows it! People now-a-days think career women are smart and look down upon women who decide to be stay-at-home wives. Even though I agree there are some women who are successful in juggling the two jobs, there are some who in pursuit of their own career, neglect their family.

At the end of it - my point is, it is good to be a jack of all trades, but it is best to be the master of atleast one.

Ending with an Audrey Hepburn inspirational quote from Wikipedia - She stated in a 1959 interview, "you can even say that I hated myself at certain periods. I was too fat, or maybe too tall, or maybe just plain too ugly... you can say my definiteness stems from underlying feelings of insecurity and inferiority. I couldn't conquer these feelings by acting indecisive. I found the only way to get the better of them was by adopting a forceful, concentrated drive."[106]

No comments:

Post a Comment