Wednesday 1 February 2012

Day 8, 9 & 10 - Changes



Hi All.

So the day for leaving finally arrived. My mother didn't say much, cos she had a lump in her throat. I didn't want to leave them too, but change is the rule of life - you can't escape it even if you want to.

The journey was uneventful. I slept for most of the night and the day too. Had brought Harry Potter along but didn't feel like reading it. So after 20 hrs of journey I finally reached my destination - the Garden City of India - Bangalore. My husband was there, waiting for me. He was happy to see me. I'm not too sure about how I felt cos since I left my home, I was in a kind of daze.

We rode a autorickshaw back to our new home - new for me, my husband has already stayed there for more than a fortnight now.

The house is good - cute you can say - big but not so big at the same time, comfortable for two people. After a hot bath, we had curd rice for dinner and the methi parathas that I'd brought along. All the time, my brain trying to accept the fact that I'm in a different place. In these two months I'd gotten used to sleeping alone, so much so that even my husband of 4 months felt alien to me. But it all got right in the end and we ended up making love even though we were out of practice. :)

Woke up a bit late in the morning. We don't have any gas yet so no morning tea for us. But we do have a toaster, so it was bread and ketchup for breakfast. After he left for work, I got down to the real business - cleaning. God! Men live like pigs - even the sweet ones. I cleaned the whole house, washed the dishes and rearranged the kitchen, bedroom and the living room, but the task of washing dirty socks has suddenly made me lose all my enthusiasm. Anyway, I should get to work now, its almost 11. I'll be meeting my husband for lunch, we'll eat out today.

Looking forward to what all this day will bring. Hopefully, a gas cylinder and some flour. I want to have a decent meal.



No comments:

Post a Comment